Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to Run Windows Memory Diagnostic  (Read 1974 times)

program not responding

Topic Starter

Beginner

Trying to Run Windows Memory Diagnostic
    « on: May 06, 2007, 05:34:05 AM »
    Hi Forum,
    I need to run Windows Memory Diagnostic, and am having trouble making my computer boot from the Boot CD that the program has created. The instructions were written in 2003. I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2, a Dell Dimension 47-00 1,024MB Physical Memory, 534MB Available, 2GB Virtual Memory. I need detailed instructions for getting into the BIOS mode, and what to do there.
    Thank you!!
    Mike
     :)

GX1_Man

Re: Trying to Run Windows Memory Diagnostic
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 07:02:33 PM »
    F2 to access the BIOS when the computer starts (you will see it onscreen) and then choose the Boot order option and make sure the CD is before the hard drive.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Trying to Run Windows Memory Diagnostic
    « Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 11:45:49 PM »
    If its a dell computer, you should have a lodaing screen with the word DELL written in the background and a loading bar at the bottem. At the top right cornet it should say 'F12 - Boot Menu'
    Press F12 before the loading bar fills up. You will be directed to a place where you choose where to boot from.
    Use the arrow keys to navigate to the CD Drive and press enter and your computer will boot with the CD.