Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Getting files off disc  (Read 6423 times)

rollergirl

Getting files off disc
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »
I used to have an HP that ran Windows 98 (not SE).  I was getting rid of it, so I put all of my files on a cd, including many hidden files.  After I wrote the cd, I double-checked it on the HP to make sure all of the files were there.  The HP was then reformatted and given to a non-profit.  So here is the problem now.  All of hidden files that were written to the disc will not show up.  There are 78 files that do show up, totaling 12.5MB.  There is visibly more than 12.5MB written to the disc.  I've tried showing hidden files under folder options, etc. (Which I did, too, before I wrote the disc, in order to add them to the queue for burning.) I've tried to access them on 4 different computers, including my Mac.  I am devastated if these files are not accessible; it's everything I have done for the past 10 years.  (I even titled the disc "My Entire Life.")  It's stupid, I know I should have "un-hidden" them before burning, but it didn't even really cross my mind at the time.

So...any ideas?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Getting files off disc
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:43:04 PM »
If you are running XP
Click Here...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 07:50:07 AM by patio »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

rollergirl

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 09:52:13 PM »
Thanks patio, the page wasn't available though...?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:50:38 AM »
Linky Fixed...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "