Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Media Player 11.0  (Read 2921 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Windows Media Player 11.0
    « on: May 10, 2007, 09:19:20 AM »
    Normally I use the VLC Mediaplayer, but hey so many people were bragging about this new musicbox, so I said, ok let's try

But...in the VLC I could click on: import directory or import folder and play a whole album....on WMP I cant seem to find that option...but maybe I'm too green...lol...and maybe I rather go back to VLC?
    Anybody with some ok opinions...lol....? I just wanna play a whole album and dont wanna make medialibraries.... ;D
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:25:12 PM by Peterwolfe »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows Media Player 11.0
    « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 11:19:08 AM »
    You mean VLC...

In WMP highlight the first selection then hold down shift and down arrow to grab all the choices and select Play.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:29:26 PM »
      Highlight the first selection??????????? I dont have selections, just the first option, which is Play Now.....there is no music/musicfiles visible in any way on the screen!!

By the way: when I rightclick on musicfolders, some of them say Play in WMP/add to playlist and some dont....same formats MP3....?????

ultimatum

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 09:39:43 PM »
        If you are in a folder with multiple types of files you will still get the Play All on the left side. But if you select the songs you want, then that option will change to Play Selection. In your case I assume you have a folder with songs only, lets say mp3, then you can just click Play All and it will add all the playable files into Playing Now area.

Since this topic is about windows media I might as well ask a question. I have 5.1 speakers and headphones, whenever I switch from speakers to headphones in the control panel Audio settings, everything playable sound goes through headphones except Windows Media Player 11, for some reason it doesn't affect it, I was wondering if there is an option there to choose where to play the sound.
        « Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:31:37 PM by ultimatum »
        Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »
          look at my new question: XP with Alzheimer?...lol