Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hello...Help Would be Greatly appreciated  (Read 2129 times)

chad5414

Hello...Help Would be Greatly appreciated
« on: May 10, 2007, 11:45:07 AM »
Ok, i went and bought a new Aspire case, an MSI motherboard, socket 775 Intel 3.2 ghz processor, DVD Burner, Maxtor 200 gig hd, the board has onboard video and sound....i hook it all up only to get a message on the monitor telling me insert bootable media and restart comp...which is all good but my dvd drive will not open as long as the ide cable is plugged into it....same for the hd, wont work with the ide plugged in , i have changed cables numerous times... But anyway besides that, the comp powers itself off after 10 seconds everytime no matter what i do. Im about ready to throw it through a window, o if it helps any it has a stick of 512mb ddr2 memory...any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You,

Chad

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Hello...Help Would be Greatly appreciated
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Let's see if we can get some momentum going on your question. 

So, you installed the motherboard and processor or was this a barebones package with those components already installed?  Exactly what brand and model memory did you get?  Are you getting beeps when you turn on the power?  Describe them.  What power supply did you get? 

chad5414

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 09:54:46 AM »
Hey, thanks for responding, what i had bought was an Aspire bare case that came with only a 450 watt power supply...I bought the motherboard, processor, memory, hard drive and all that seperate. Anyway....i got it working last night...all it was was the IDE cables needed replacing . Been running great since. Thanks Again.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 07:23:52 PM »
Sometimes soybean is just that good ! !

:D
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "