Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VISTA UAC...  (Read 3290 times)

bsaff

VISTA UAC...
« on: May 16, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »
Hi hopers

I'm having a problem with Sage Line 50 (accounting software) on Vista.

Despite the fact that the developers of sage are microsoft gold partners and sage is (supposedly) certified for vista I can't seem to stop UAC flashing up (asking for the admin pword) when I open sage in a users profile. I believe this to be because sage does not specify its publisher in the app metadata, can I add this in or is it a case of waiting for a sage update which will do this?

Any ideas or similar problems please reply

Cheers

Ben
UK

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    Re: VISTA UAC...
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 10:12:59 AM »
    what version of vista? does it do it to any othere software? has it always done this

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:00:52 PM »
    I would contact sage...perhaps they have released a patch for this dilemna...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

bsaff

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 04:21:57 AM »
    Its running Vista Business

We contacted sage and despite the fact that they claim Sage Line 50 is Vista certified they recomended that we downgrade back to XP.

Not only does UAC jump around like a looney when you open the program, but you also cannot enter any dates into the system, create data backups or perform many other standard functions.

So basically sage is not in anyway Vista compatible, and going on the previous catalogue of problems with their software I'd say its likely to be 2-3 years before they sort it out, no joke...

Post back if you have any more info, similar problems.

Ben
    UK