Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Direct X  (Read 8326 times)

billiusthemook

Direct X
« on: October 25, 2004, 05:09:52 PM »
I installed Direct X 9.  After restarting now every time windows loads it goes to blank screen.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Direct X
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 07:07:37 PM »
    billiusthemook...Is this the same pc which you have been having all the other problems with ? Have you formated and done a clean installation....?

let us know

dl65 ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

billiusthemook

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 07:56:45 PM »
    yep.

I reformatted, reinstalled windows xp, and reinstalled all my hardware and drivers.  But when I installed the Direct X 9 that came with my video card, I couldn't get into windows.  It would begin with the loading screen, but once it ended the screen would go black.

once I get this problem fixed, all I need to do then is figure out how to fix my belkin wireless, and then I've got to download sp2, that avg program you gave me (ty very much) and generally firewall the *censored* outta the pc.  But first things first, as I have so painfully learned.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 08:03:12 PM »
      billiusthemook....Can you start up in safe mode and then remove  the offending driver .
      What are you using for anti virus right now....?

let us know

billiusthemook

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 08:09:20 PM »
      because I haven't been able to connect to the internet, I haven't gotten any anti-virus.  I had burned the avg anti-virus you got me onto a dvd, and was going to copy it onto the pc, but remembered it would be useless because it wouldn't be able to update itself without a connection.

Safe mode brings the same thing.  Begins to load windows, but then goes to a black screen.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 08:19:27 PM »
        billiusthemook......Well ...given that you have just formatted ......( and your now a pro at it ) ....I think I would be inclined to format the sucker again...only this time I wouldnt be so quick to use the drivers that came with your vid card ....I would be going on line with another pc and d/l the latest drivers directly from the vid cards manufacturers site....or even better .......install your AVG ...go online and get the updates and then D/l SP2 ......and while your at the windows update .....let it scan your system and it will probably find the correct drivers for your vid card. ( one of the things that screws up windows ...is 3rd party software ) it isn't always compatible.

let us know

billiusthemook

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 08:22:01 PM »
        gotcha, will do as you say.

I will probably be back with a post on how to finally get my belkin wireless working.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 05:18:04 AM »
        If you donot have Internet, you donot have to worry too much about updating your virus scanner. It is important, but not a top priority.

Have you tried booting into safemode and removing DX9 from there?