Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista  (Read 4150 times)

gordenLidy

Windows Vista
« on: May 18, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
I am looking at getting a new computer.  been looking at some dells with  Windows Vista on them.  how is this new os Windows Vista has any one used it and how is it....???thanks

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows Vista
    « Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 04:48:56 PM »
    You will get various opinions on the new OS from M$.  I personally won't use something that's "brand new".  All the bugs aren't worked out yet and the public ends up having to work them out.   In my opinion, I'd stick with XP or even Windows 2000 Pro, or even Linux.

Alan <><  :D

I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 05:05:13 PM »
    Best bet right now would be to go for a system that's Vista ready with XP installed and a free Vista upgrade included in the price...there are tons of these out there.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

HollywdTM

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 10:25:02 AM »
    or patio , gordenLidy can get two hard drives install windows xp on one then second vista.
    use VistaBootPro to manage the boot process

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 01:51:19 PM »
    or patio , gordenLidy can get two hard drives install windows xp on one then second vista.
    use VistaBootPro to manage the boot process

Why ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

gordenLidy

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 03:03:46 PM »
    That may be a good idea.  I mean if one system goes down you have the other and you can back up all the stuff on both i think it is a good idea.  thanks never would have thought of that one...

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 06:01:55 PM »
    As I recall with the Dell Vista upgrade (early on), it takes over the entire partition that XP is on. You may want to check into that just to be sure.