Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I can't get to 1 web site!  (Read 11335 times)

2k dummy

Re: I can't get to 1 web site!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 03:08:25 PM »
Access the library page. At the upper left is the school logo. Click on it and see if you can acess the main page from there.

robdemarr

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 11:39:08 AM »
The speed issue is ok, I ran a test and I CAN NOT be pinged.  Reminde:, 2 weeks ago I could get on fine, for the past 2 years.  I turned on the "allow to be pinged" in Macfee, still no luck.

Rob
Thanks for all the help so far.

robdemarr

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 11:40:10 AM »
I can't get on through the library's web site either.

2k dummy

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 12:41:28 PM »
I have to believe the problem lies with McAfee. Check the settings carefully. It is blocking the site.

robdemarr

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 02:32:36 PM »
I uninstalled McFee and IE and still no luck..

Rob

merlin_2

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2004, 02:43:28 PM »
Can your remind the  folks ..the facts...most folks can access this website with no problems? strange you may think..but you cant not..ok is  it the facts...you are on wireless..yes.. therefore your wlan is the problem...reconfig your settings to access the said website.......the fault as indicating previously...is at your end...delete..your connections save your settings and username and .......use a new setting.. have you tried these sugestions..<no i dont believe it will work> why not..i can only suggest that if you are despereate enough you will try the options that have been posted given.....so far it seems not feedback on this.......
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 02:45:25 PM by merlin_2 »

robdemarr

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2004, 04:49:08 PM »
merlin_2,
Thanks for all the help, but it doesn't matter if I'm using the wireless or cable to connect to the internet. I'm having the same problem with my PC @ home.  That's a totaly different set-up. So maybe somekind-a virus or a prob with McFee. I think I'm going to try and re-install windows.  I reconfiged the  lan settings and nothing.  When I goto the config screen i type in ping www.jjay.cuny.edu and get timed out errors. And  I can't trace it either.

Rob

Computer_Commando

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2004, 05:45:10 PM »
...When I goto the config screen i type in ping www.jjay.cuny.edu and get timed out errors. ...

ICMP traffic is being blocked by them to lessen the chance of hacker attack.  ping and tracert will not work.

robdemarr

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2004, 09:36:39 AM »
I fixed it!!!!!!!! With some help of course.  Here at school we have a cyber crime program, so I asked a friend of mine who takes these classes and took his advice.  He said that the schools website only allows certain (my words not his) certain gateway/sub-mask #'s to access the site. So I went to Linksys' web site and figured out how to change my #. Some Gateway/Router thing.  All set now... So Thanks to all for the help.

Cheers,
Rob