Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Network Error (TCP_ERROR) Problem  (Read 15361 times)

mateenmohd

Topic Starter

Rookie

Network Error (TCP_ERROR) Problem
    « on: May 23, 2007, 06:13:18 AM »
    We have a proble to open our office scan (antivirus) Management Cosole.
    it give following error message when click the office scan management console.

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out" 
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time. 
    For assistance, contact Customer Support

what is the problem, how can solve this error.

regards

viking

Adviser
    • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
      Re: Network Error (TCP_ERROR) Problem
      « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 11:54:17 PM »
      First guess: problem communicating through a firewall. Check firewall rules. When appeared the problem? Have you made some modifications?
      Second (tip): have you checked the antivirus help? It says something about connecting to a web server? It is installed on a network computer and on the other computers you just have some lightweight clients? (We need a little more information, like: what antivirus are we talking about?)

mateenmohd

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 04:15:53 AM »
        Thanks for your response. ok, I will check the firewall rules

this error on server. we have office scan antivirus 30 users. client side office scan is ok, it connected with the server. but server office scan management console it not open. when we click the  office scan management console it give this error. we also contact with the office  scan suppot, and following the steps as they send.

1. PCCSRV /.....  folder permission  (give full permission)
        2. ISUER_SERVER2016   access rigts
        3. default web site -> home directory -> configuration -> application - > asp script
            time out  1000      (increase asp script time out to 1000)

but it is not open the office scan management console, we unable to update
        the office scan 7.3 antivirus.

regards.

viking

Adviser
          « Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:39:01 PM »
          trend micro office scan.
          I looked on their site, but I couldn't find any infos. I will look forward.

PCSRV/  ---- it seems to me that on one computer you have to create a share, on which you should give full access rights
          ISUER_SERVER2016 - access rights - on the server you have to create (or it's automatically made) a new user, ISUER_SERVER2016. Or any client is trying to connect to the server using the ISUER_SERVER2016 credentials. From here you have to give to this user access rights on the server (access computer from network, access rights on different folders etc).
          default web site [...] - on the server part, you have to set up some settings in IIS or Apache (depending on your server).

My guesses... Ah, by the way, all of these hints are for the server, for the Office Scan server, they don't deal with the client. The Management console is not necessary for those options, I think it's for something else. Your original error message looks to me now like: "Antivirus web server it's not working" (it's the antivirus server in your local network, not the antivirus server on the web). They pointed you some things to check.

mateenmohd

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 12:33:56 AM »
            Thanks for your response.

I am working as an administrator, I have full right to access the server, and I also check necessary rights to users to access server folders etc..

I have one more problem. I could not conect the server by the
            remote desktop connection. it give error message that

" it showing the error in the Licensing Protocol. contact with your
            administrator for support ?

Before that we can open the office scan console and remote desktop connection, but now  office scan console and access to remote desktop
            connection is not connecting with the server.

we are using windows 2000 server. what is Licensing Protocal error.
            how can solve Licensing Protocal error ?

thanks and regards

Mateen

viking

Adviser
              « Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 12:31:51 AM »
              Something is going weird in your network. I hope you are not having problems with a virus.
              Also, for using Remote Desktop you need licenses. If before "the big change" all worked fine, then you have virus problems OR an update destroyed your settings.

To solve Remote Desktop problem I sugest you to use RealVNC. Give it a try, it does the same thing as Remote Desktop.