Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PUT PORTS IN THE ROUTER  (Read 4617 times)

Evilcyborg

Topic Starter

Beginner
    PUT PORTS IN THE ROUTER
    « on: May 24, 2007, 01:47:26 PM »
    Hi im Evilcyborh and i have some problem with my game. the problem is when i try to host a game i can see the Internal IP not the EXternal IP i want to now how i put in the game the external IP. Some guys told me to open ports of the game but i dont now how.................. i go to my router menu and i see ports forwamation but never work with the ports i put. please help me
    I fix some pc problems.

TrapperX

Rookie

Re: PUT PORTS IN THE ROUTER
      « Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:09:44 PM »
      From what I can understand is you are trying to forward ports in your router, right?

What game are you playing?

What router are you using?

If you need to see what your IP is, use http://www.dslreports.com/whois
      this will give you your IP so you can tell other people where to go if you are hosting the game.

IM me for an invite :) I will try to do as many as I can daily if I get an abundance of them.

Evilcyborg

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 02:47:44 PM »
        i know my external IP dont i cant change that IP in the game the game im playing is the counter strick 1.6
        I fix some pc problems.

viking

Adviser
        • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
          « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 11:16:13 PM »

Evilcyborg

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 01:51:21 PM »
            But i dont now how to put the ports in the website say ports IN an OUT and i dont have that configuracion of ports i have ports start, ports end, and ports map. Expland to me
            I fix some pc problems.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 09:15:46 PM »
            But i dont now how to put the ports in the website say ports IN an OUT and i dont have that configuracion of ports i have ports start, ports end, and ports map. Expland to me

Did you click viking's link ? ?

It pretty much explains everything...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

viking

Adviser
            • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
              « Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 11:29:06 PM »
              TrapperX asked you something and you ignored his question: your router is a [put your router model here]?

ports in, port out: you have to think you are in the router. ports in: the ports that the router accepts connections (your game ports will be here). ports out: your router sends data to those ports on the destination device.
              So, as an example. You have a router and a computer "hidden" behind the router. You want to make a server, a game server, on the hidden computer and you need port forwarding. The game uses ports between p1 (it's a number here) and p2 (another number). Your computer (local) IP is a.b.c.d
              On your router you create a new rule:
              ports in: p1-p2
              (the exact mode of defining that list depends on your router model. What router do you use?)
              ports out: p1-p2
              destination computer/device: a.b.c.d
              (the router will send the data it receives from internet on his p1-p2 ports to the computer's p1-p2 ports. If your computer is not working, no connection is made. Observe: there are the same ports here, p1-p2 on router are the same numbers as p1-p2 on your computer. You can use different combinations, but you have to know what you are doing.)

What router do you use? Maybe it has a link to a manual, to help you with a more specific link; and with a few more specific advices.