Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Same question over again  (Read 4648 times)

Jeff Wolfe

Same question over again
« on: October 26, 2004, 09:28:17 AM »
Ok guys I am going to throw my brand new computer out the window soon. I asked a ? last week, got lots of replies (thank you) but so far nothing has worked. My norton tells me I have a trojan virus It is in my system32 folder and the file is called iexplorer32.exe. Norton wont do anything with cause it always says access deined. I have done the spyware, adware sweeps, tried all different programs to no avail. This is my computer why dont I have the privledges to delete this file myself. Does XP home have the take ownership function that was WIN2k ?

2k dummy

Re: Same question over again
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 10:08:58 AM »
Use task manager to stop the process from running. In windows explorer, navigate to the file and right click it. Select properties. Clear all check marks in the attributes. Click apply and OK. While the file is highlighted, hold down the shift key and press delete. Rerun your AV.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 10:12:39 AM »
Scan in safe mode.

mrhobbeys

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 10:19:48 AM »
You might have heard this but there are online scans that work very well and if that dosent work you can.....

Write down the location of the virus (s) then boot up in dos using a boot disk you can either use dosshell or go directly to the location and delet it or turn it into a text file. Its best that you delet it though. If you need more exact instructions post and I will try to get back here soon if needed. 8)

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 10:57:36 AM »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 10:58:06 AM by merlin_2 »

grannipt

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 01:42:50 AM »
 :-/ Well if nothing works...don't throw your pc out the window..you may have to go back to square 1. The drastic "F",  format your h.d. and reinstall your OS. Just prepare well ie. backups, uninstall other programs.etc. I don't think you'll have much of a problem then.
Good Luck![/font][/font]

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 02:01:37 PM »

JEff Wolfe

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 01:10:34 PM »
2k_dummy thanks the whole hold down shift press delte thingy  ;D Of all the things I have done that was what worked. What is sad is i didnt even think of that. It was a trick I learned with Win2K and completly forgot about. To everyone else thanks u for your input im sure your ideas would have worked but i just tried 2k's first

Thanks again,
                      Wolfeman