Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 5.1 speakers not working properly  (Read 5729 times)

Turbulence

5.1 speakers not working properly
« on: October 27, 2004, 04:27:37 PM »
My left speaker is dimmed almost to where I cannot hear any sound out of it, the right speaker is amplified, and it appears that the center speaker and the subwoofer have their signals crossed.
I have tried everything I know to try and have had no luck so here goes w/ what i have tried.

To start with, I have onboard sound that supports 5.1 speakers so that is not the problem. I have reinstalled drivers and updated them and this didnt seem to help.
I changed cable wires to the speakers and this moved the problem to my right speaker w/ my left speaker turning to clear sound so it isnt blown.
In addition, I bought a 5.1 headset, and its the exact same problem on them w/ the left front dim and the right front amplified.
The connections are color coded and Ive even tried swapping them out to see if it helped....to no avail. I dont see any jumpers I can reset on the mobo so I dont think thats a problem either.
Somebody help :(

Raptor

Re: 5.1 speakers not working properly
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 04:30:19 PM »
You may need to properly configure Windows and/or your drivers as well.

With my 5.1 Trust speaker set came a cable that would prevent the middle channel from acting as a subwoofer, I suggest you refer to the manual to see if there are any cables or extensions you may need to use.

Turbulence

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 04:58:02 PM »
i didnt specify my speakers...they are Logitech Z-640
and my headset is a gainward headset.
Even if it were a problem w/ the speakers not having something hooked up, the same problem shouldnt occur in the headset as well.
Thats why i think its internal....but changing drivers didnt seem to work for me :(

Computer_Commando

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 05:03:45 PM »
...Thats why i think its internal....(

Damaged jack on onboard sound card?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 05:04:01 PM by Computer_Commando »

Turbulence

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 05:10:17 PM »
That is possible, but i have checked it out and looked as best as i can and nothing seems loose or disconnected and its brand new lanparty 875B mobo

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 06:01:22 AM »
If I were you, I'd obtain a soundcard recommended by Logitech for your speaker set.

merlin_2

Turbulence

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 11:25:31 PM »
I already tried changing that to the 5.1 speaker setting and as for getting a sound card, I don't think thats the issue seeing as I hooked up my 5.1 "Gainward" Headphones up to my comp and got the same error in the same configuration as my "Logitech" speakers.
As a last resort ill shell out the dough for a new sound card but I had hoped not to have to.

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 03:58:01 AM »
What kind of 'error' is displayed in the configuration screen?