Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 95  (Read 4140 times)

Littledove

Windows 95
« on: April 07, 2004, 08:59:37 AM »
I purchased a computer at a thrift shop and the operating system is Windows 95. The problem is that when I started up the computer, it's in a different language (korean, chinese) not english.. Is there a way to change the language? If so, please advise.. Thanks.
Pam :)

sierradad

Re: Windows 95
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 09:32:42 AM »
Hmmm....That's a new one on me. I don't know of any way short of reformatting the hard drive, then reinstalling Windows. Thing is, if it is in another language, I don't know how you would follow the instructions. I will do some checking and get back to you later today (Wednesday). Best...sierradad

robertmillar

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 10:39:43 AM »
I'm afraid you need install an english OS

sierradad

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 10:55:48 AM »
Here is one other thing you might try:

try this...go to start-settings-control panel. Click on the Regional Options (the icon that looks like a globe). Under the General tab there should be some language settings. Place a check in the box that says "Western Europe & United States" (may be slightly different under Windows 95) & click ok.

It may work...it may not...but worth a try  :)

Best....sierradad

sierradad

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 08:51:56 PM »
If she doesn't have the courtesy to at least post a progress report, or something, then I guess I'm outta this one!!!!

Littledove

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 09:53:28 PM »
Thank you for the suggestion.. I will let you know if it works. :).. Sorry for the delay in the response.. I couldn't figure out how to reply....  :(

sierradad

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 10:01:51 PM »
You have my apology, littledove.....I was out of line with that reply. Please forgive that, and do post whatever you do come up with. If I can't help, I'm sure someone else will be able to. In any case, you are not being ignored, and I'm sure we can find a solution to your problem.  ;D Best to you....Larry

Littledove

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 06:24:21 AM »
I tried to change the language with the regions, but they all come up with Korean. My friend managed to delete all the operating programs and now we will load Windows back on using an English version.. Thanks everyone for your help.. And Larry I forgive you..  :)
By the way, the reply function at the top of page would not let me reponse to the messages. I kept getting a message my name was in use.. Only after I use the reply button at the bottom of the last message, then I was able to response...Maybe, this is how it suppose to work.. But, it is a bit confusing..  :(  But, now I know how to response to messages... Take care everyone... Thanks again.. Littledove  :)

yaddayadda

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2004, 12:53:24 PM »
You have my apology, littledove.....I was out of line with that reply. Please forgive that, and do post whatever you do come up with. If I can't help, I'm sure someone else will be able to. In any case, you are not being ignored, and I'm sure we can find a solution to your problem.  ;D Best to you....Larry

hahahahahaahahahahahah