Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Major League Problems..  (Read 1937 times)

hunta89

Major League Problems..
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:57:10 AM »
Hi,

im currently running  an advent 7088 laptop (XP home, mobile AMD sempron 2800, 512mb ram, ATI radeon xpress 200m GPU)

as i was using the computer this morning, the mouse and keyboard just froze randomly. at first i though the computer had frozen but the programs were still running fine,albeit with no input from me. so i force rebooted the comp, and on bootup the message

CMOS settings wrong
CMOS date/time not set
press f1 to run setup
press f2 to load default values and continue.

i have seen this message a couple of times before, when rebooting the computer after a crash and i usually hit f1, put the time into the BIOS and im fine. however this time, the keyboard still doesnt work. so im stuck at the black booting screen and have no idea what to do.

any ideas? thanks in advance.
stuart

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Major League Problems..
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 01:42:01 PM »
     hunta89 ....... Based on what your telling us, it sounds as if the small battery that powers the clock and retains your cmos settings requires replacing.
    Unless you are comfortable poking around inside your laptop, it might be prudent to take the laptop into a service shop to have the battery replaced .
    A word of caution......... ask them for a firm price to replace the battery.

Good luck ,

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.