Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What are the different ways?  (Read 4321 times)

kick9_soccer

What are the different ways?
« on: June 11, 2007, 12:45:48 AM »
Im in a bit of a weird situation and I need to know the different ways that would be possible to hack into a nexopia account.  There is this girl who is threatining me and my friend. She is telling my friend that she will hack into mu nexopia account and delete it.  She prooved she can cause she hacked into his account and left him a msg.  She doesnt even know him and he diidnt give anything away about his password, how could she have and be doing this???

-Melissa-

Dark Blade

• Forum Gaming Master

• Adviser

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: What are the different ways?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 01:38:07 AM »
I'm not that familiar with nexopia (never heard of it, actually), but I'm guessing that it should probably keep your password information secure. Below are two possibilities:

Your hacker (how do you know it's a she?) could have simply guessed your friend's password if it was easy enough (i.e. password, 123, their name). Or maybe your hacker could've downloaded some password cracking program (there are some out there, if you look hard enough...).

If in doubt, just get your friend to change his password, and if the hacker still gets into the account, they probably have a program to do so (or maybe even a keylogger, which is dangerous...)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 06:14:48 AM »
Contact the site owners and change your account...

Suggest the same for your friend as well...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kick9_soccer

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:40:07 AM »
I know its a girl because she was talking to me and she has about 500 pics of herself.  So wouldnt it be kind of pointless to change our accounts or passwords or anything like that if she has one of these programs?  And I thought that key loggers had to be manually put into the computer?

The Saviour

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 07:52:10 AM »
If I were you...I'd simply change the password on your account using various alphanumeric characters....capital letters...numbers...

This will make it extremely difficult for someone to access your account simply by trying to guess your password.  Keyloggers only work if your computer is infected with one.

Play it safe...update your operating system...your malware protection...your firewall...and stay on top of these things.

Another thing...never...evr open any email from someone you don't know...even if you do know who it is...are you expecting an email from them?  Any attachments to your email that just don't sem right?  Most importantly...if you use an email program like Outlook Express, Outlook, etc., etc....never use the Preview Pane feature.

Better safe than sorry.

kick9_soccer

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 01:21:13 PM »
But how can someone infect your computer with a key logger? And better yet how do you get rid of the key logger?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 01:27:20 PM »
And I thought that key loggers had to be manually put into the computer?
But how can someone infect your computer with a key logger?
Just visiting a site or even connecting to the internet with insufficient protection can get you infected.
And better yet how do you get rid of the key logger?
With decent protection.
Check the security FAQ section for more details.

Oh, and - that's not hacking.

kick9_soccer

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 02:01:57 PM »
K perfect guys, thanks for your help:)

-Melissa-

The Saviour

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 02:17:25 PM »
You're welcome, Melissa.