Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ABIT EQ Says my Power Supply is Overheating  (Read 2366 times)

steventrouble

ABIT EQ Says my Power Supply is Overheating
« on: June 13, 2007, 09:27:07 PM »
I'm running Windows XP and Internet Explorer browser. My question is:

First things first: I built this computer myself, and I'm certainly not a pro, so it might be my fault but...

I have an ABIT motherboard with ABIT EQ (a fan, temp, and watt monitoring program) and everything was working perfectly a month ago. I could play any game without the slightest bit of lag at all. Now, my ABIT EQ shows that my power supply is going from 45 degrees Celcius to 75 degrees celcius in less than 20 seconds, whenever I run any program or game (excluding Internet Explorer, Firefox, and MapleStory).

I virus checked my computer: Nothing. Just to be sure, I used Norton Ghost to restore my harddrive to what it was when I first bought it, but it still made no difference.

So, I made a program with QBASIC and tested it out, (It was a simple countdown made by using the SLEEP command), and I got this result:

Each box represents 10 seconds (I think).
It started decreasing when I closed the program.

Basically, I don't know what in the world could cause this, but I would very much like to know. If anyone has even the slightest idea as to what could cause this, and/or how it could be fixed, please tell me.

TYVM,
- Steventrouble

P.S: If you need more information on my computer, just ask and I'll tell you.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: ABIT EQ Says my Power Supply is Overheating
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:32:01 AM »
Tell us more about your hardware components: CPU, RAM, sound, video, how many disk drives, power supply, fans, etc.   Exactly what power supply do you have?

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: ABIT EQ Says my Power Supply is Overheating
    « Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
    More details are needed about the system, but have you checked to make sure all fans, including the psu one are all working and free of dust.