Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet explorer needs to close  (Read 12503 times)

Backfromthegrave

Re: internet explorer needs to close
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 08:53:44 AM »
FIREFOX (cough)  ::) ;D

Citizen K

Beginner

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 02:39:06 PM »
    Florie this is just a suggestion: try using Spybot Search and destroy to check your PC for spyware. I did it and since then I have not had any problem with that message. If you are using XP remember to turn System restore off b4 checking it. I found some spyware on that PC and haven't had that problem since. Try it,but I'm not guaranteeing it ;).

Lisa33415

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 05:52:55 AM »
    This must be an ongoing problem. I too have the same problem with IE6. I am using windows xp sp2, I use my spybot 1 a week religiously, and also my Ad-aware. I use Norton's Antivirus. I just had my whole comp redone by putting everything I use on disc and erasing all other material. If I close one page I get the oh so sweet message IE has experienced a problem an needs to shut down. I go to school online when I use a spell check, and close the window my whole screen or screens also close. I also tried using Mozilla- Firefox but same problem. So how do we fix this? I am at the end of my rope!!!

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
      « Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 05:32:32 PM »
      Does this problem have anything to do with webpages that use Java?

Citizen K

Beginner

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 05:02:38 PM »
        That's a very good question! I'm not sure, but I've seen it happen quite often with Yahoo mail and another site called Businessghana.com, but mind you this happens only on one of my PCs. It seems to me that this rather OS related, because I know that Java pages in Firefox just tell you that you that need to download additional plug-ins. It doesn't prevent the rest of the page from displaying. I don't know whether this helps in our search for a solution...

Fed

• Sage
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 05:25:30 PM »
          Windows Update----> Critical.  ;)

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
            « Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 06:22:16 PM »
            I had browser crash problems before with pages using Java. Besides Windows update, check for Java updates. Go to the Control Panal, double-click the Java icon, click the Update tab, and click Check for updates.

CraZ_BLuE

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »
            i think so 2 because it is hard to download videos online. and so many things has to be install to view certian web pages >:( :o ???

ladychey

re: internet explorer needs to close
            « Reply #23 on: July 28, 2007, 12:50:01 PM »
            I too am having this problem. However, I don't get a message that Internet Explorer needs to close. When I close smaller windows, every window closes down to my Juno toolbar. Even my juno homepage shuts down. I am not kicked off the internet, just off of every open page!? Thought it was a problem with Juno, but NO! People PC had the same problem. Like others who've replied, it is only on MY computer, NOT my husbands Laptop. I am running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 with Internet Explorer 7.0. PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP?
            « Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:28:20 PM by ladychey »

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #24 on: July 28, 2007, 02:20:48 PM »
            Ladychey it's probably best for you to start a new topic so it can recieve the proper attention...

And Welcome Aboard !
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
              « Reply #25 on: July 28, 2007, 09:05:53 PM »
              So is there anyone with a solution?