Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP! please.  (Read 6007 times)

Skip Tumahloo

HELP! please.
« on: November 03, 2004, 06:49:07 PM »
Hey, thanks for coming to check out my post for help. I was wondering if it would be possible to plug in a ATI ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 9600 128MB DDR AGP Graphics Card into an AGP2 slot (without my computer crashing)  for my Hp Pavilion a420n desktop pc. I really don't know much about graphics cards and their ports, as you can tell. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Link to card information here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1069301366556&skuId=6227861&type=product

Thankyou very much in advance for any information you can give me. I'm really clueless.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: HELP! please.
    « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 08:34:45 PM »
    Skip Tumahloo.....according to your link to the card ....this what you require.
    System Requirements Intel® Pentium® II/III/4/Celeron®, AMD-K6®Athlon™ processor or compatible with AGP 8X/4X slot; Windows 98, 98 SE, 2000, ME or XP; 128MB RAM
    You have a AGP slot .........so the card will fit.......however you may wish to check your motherboard to see if it's AGP 8X compatible.....

hope this helps you .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 11:09:10 PM »
    AGP2 slot

I assume you mean AGP 2X?

Documentation that comes with the videocard should state with what speeds it is compatible.

You may be better off simply buying a cheap 2X card rather than an 8X card to be certain it is compatible..

justin

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 09:51:41 AM »
    no u fucker now leav