Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Out Of Range Error  (Read 5229 times)

Colin.the.Beast

Out Of Range Error
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »
Hey,

On My Desktop, Everytime i turn it on i get an 'OUT OF RANGE' message. It happened when i changed my screen resolution and best i can guess is that my monitor does not support that resolution. Usually when you set a resolution it would say would you like to keep these settings (reverting in 12 seconds) but i couldnt see wot i was doing (cause of the box with the error) so i just pressed right and enter, and obviously shouldn't have. Is there anyway to fix this .. quickly? i tried safe mode, and still got the error. My computer starts up OK, and it is working, cause the startup sound plays but after it loads windows, the error comes up, and then i hear the startup sound.

If anyone knows a way to help, please let me know asap

My O/S is microsoft XP

also, try and be as simple as possible, i'm kinda dumb with computers lol.

contrex

Re: Out Of Range Error
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 12:44:36 PM »
surprised it happens in safe mode, which should default to 800x600 @ 60 Hz. Do you see the bios screen etc at startup?

k£v!n

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 01:03:10 PM »
This happened to me on vista, i pressed ESC and it went back to the last known good config, I also changed my monitor with a better one which could handle the other resolution's.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
I agree with contrex...are you sure it is entering safemode ? ?
Re-boot and repeatedly tapF8 before you see the Windows logo...
Choose option #1 Safe mode and then you should be able to change the resolution back to what it was.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "