Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: money.cafreedom.com  (Read 15258 times)

matt

Re: money.cafreedom.com
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 03:21:28 PM »
i have none of those programs you mentioned, and i am keeping it blocked.  what trojan/keylogger scaning software should i use?

2k dummy

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2004, 03:50:48 PM »
I recommend The Cleaner. It is not freeware but can be downloaded for a 30 day free trial. $49.95 if you you decide to keep it after the trial period.

matt

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 08:19:39 AM »
i also ran a scan with that it too came up empty  :-/

Raptor

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2004, 08:47:08 AM »
Have you bothered going to the URL?

what do you want to find here?

Doesn't even set a cookie.

I think you should scan your entire system to the fullest extent using different spyware and virus scanners and configuring them all to scan each file and folder.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 08:48:01 AM by Raptor »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 01:28:16 PM »
    matt.....Go to the link below.....it will explain all of the entries and will direct you to various places so you can check each item.
    http://computercops.biz/HijackThis.html
    I just had a quick look at your log and it doesn't appear to be complete .......did you neglect to post all of it ?
    BTW , you asked about your enties 1 and 3

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {11CEFA27-5AE9-46CB-B791-738C242B4761} - E:\WINDOWS\system32\6ji.dll  ......this entry looks odd .....

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - E:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    This entry is normal and ok

perhaps you should check out all of your log entries after reading the explanation link .

let us know
    dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2004, 01:53:20 PM »
    firewall PeerGuardian as well its seems? run my old mate the best there is>http://removespyware.net/ratings/spy-sweeper.htm  and sorry to jump into this post....
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 01:55:20 PM by merlin_2 »

matt

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2004, 03:52:10 PM »
    i have gone to the website, through firefox and saw "what do you want to find here", figured that couldnt be good, i downloaded spysweapers, it found something on my D: (secondhard drive), but i still get the trying to connect to money.cafreedom.  

that was my full hijack this file, sense i reinstalled windows i've kept all internet explorer things blocked with my firewall.

here is screenshot of the actuall firewall popup:
    http://www.msu.edu/~rosemat2/images/money.htm

and of my hijackthis log:
    http://www.msu.edu/~rosemat2/images/hijack.htm

not that that will help, but could this be in a different sectoin of my hd, i've been scanning all:

C: is a fat32 i've used for storage between linux and xp.  i currenlty have no linux on my system.  it is usually on D: which is a second 6 gb harddrive.  my E: is my xp ntfs harddrive.

matt

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2004, 03:53:54 PM »
    AHH HAAA!!! its fixed
    ;D

it was that first entry in hijack this:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {11CEFA27-5AE9-46CB-B791-738C242B4761} - E:\WINDOWS\system32\6ji.dll

i went to http://computercops.biz/HijackThis.html , and did a search on it, it came up with no responce so i deleted it, and that did it.  

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2004, 04:07:10 PM »
    *censored*!
    no its not, when i delted it from hijack this it went away, how ever when i restarted my computer it came back!, i re-deleated it from hijack this, and uninstalled peer gardiean, then rebooted and it came back, agian :(, what could be adding it everytime i reboot?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2004, 11:59:45 PM »
      matt......have you had a look in .....
      WINDOWS\system32\6ji.dll to see if its there and then manually remove it ....
      Keep looking its hiding in there somewhere .

let us know
      dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

matt

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 10:00:22 AM »
      im looking in my E:\WINDOWS\system32, i selected show hidden folders too, im not finding it, could it be in my temp file somewhere?  im still looking but cant seem to find it.  ive done a windows search too.

merlin_2

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2004, 11:35:47 AM »
      it maybe lurking in the reg...disable system restore and delete it again...and to be sure disconnect your pc from the net..

matt

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2004, 06:34:25 PM »
      i dont have system restor set up, how do i go about disabling it

Raptor

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2004, 11:14:11 PM »
      Right click My Computer -> Properties -> System Restore (tab) Disable it on all partitions/HDD's.

matt

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2004, 01:11:52 AM »
      i undid it, rebooted still had it, allowed it then undid it agian, and rebooted, still have it :-\