Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BRAND NEW LAPTOP, WHICH I CANT EVEN USE!!!!!!!!! ACER 3693  (Read 2806 times)

jay1234

BRAND NEW LAPTOP, WHICH I CANT EVEN USE!!!!!!!!! ACER 3693
« on: July 02, 2007, 01:30:12 PM »
Everytime i start up i get a message from acer saying Thankyou for choosing there product.  This is a big message in the centre of the screen which cant be removed! I cant use any other applications as its in the way.  I have windows vista, it is a brand new acer 3690.  How do i remove it! it blocks any other application and i cant minimise it! my address is [email protected] if you can help please!, thankyou!

Jonas Wauters

Adviser

• My Skatevids Check Signature
    Re: BRAND NEW LAPTOP, WHICH I CANT EVEN USE!!!!!!!!! ACER 3693
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 01:58:02 PM »
    What about Ctrl+alt+del and look for the process?
    Than if that worked you can got to MSCONFIG (just type it in the start-> search bar)
    And stop the process from starting up with windows.
    But that is a very strange problem can you give us a screenshot before removing it from startup.

Jonas ;)
    (Edit: IPCONFIG-> MSCONFIG(Just sow I don't give any wrong info))
    « Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:31:25 PM by Jonas Wauters »

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 02:00:43 PM »
    Than if that worked you can got to IPCONFIG (just type it in the start-> search bar)
    But that is a very strange problem can you give us a screenshot before removing it from startup.

Jonas ;)
    You mean MSCONFIG.

contrex

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 02:10:01 PM »
    Everytime i start up i get a message from acer saying Thankyou for choosing there product. 

I think posting email addresses is against the rules here. I strongly advise you to call Acer's help line, since this is a new laptop. If you monkey around with it you could make big problems for yourself. Contact the dealer and then Acer.

Jonas Wauters

Adviser

• My Skatevids Check Signature
      « Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 02:32:25 PM »
      Than if that worked you can got to IPCONFIG (just type it in the start-> search bar)

Jonas ;)
      You mean MSCONFIG.
      Yes I do.
      I've changed it because otherwise it would be a bit confusing.

Everytime i start up i get a message from acer saying Thankyou for choosing there product. 

I think posting email addresses is against the rules here. I strongly advise you to call Acer's help line, since this is a new laptop. If you monkey around with it you could make big problems for yourself. Contact the dealer and then Acer.
      This would be the best solution!

Jonas ;)