Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with my Lan driver  (Read 4323 times)

dappamikey

Problems with my Lan driver
« on: July 04, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
Ok i just received my new custom built pc and am having great problems getting online as I cannot get my software to work diretly.

When I insert my driver cd and click on auto run it comes up with an error box saying unable to fix security error, this comes up around 10 times and when i finally get to the menu for drivers nothing is listed under it. I tried installing manually by exploring the cd and this seemed to work ok until I went to device manager and it said the driver had successfully installed but the software was having an error when trying to run. The error code was 10. I also looked on the net for updated drivers and they have not solved the problem. I called the guy who sold me the pc and he said he will send me a new cd but I have doubts as to wether this will work.

My mobo is an abit sg-95 socket 775
I am running windows vista 32-bit
The lan is an SiS 190 (ethernet device driver)

If you need any other info please ask and to street1 I will take up your advice and hopefully be a lot more knowlodgeable in the years to come.