Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard Help  (Read 2481 times)

ambe0487

Motherboard Help
« on: July 17, 2007, 03:09:11 PM »
I have a A7N266 VM.LAN-UAY motherboard from Asus.  It has an onboard ethernet card that has gone bad.  This is the only thing that I can find wrong with the system right now.  I have not been able to find a replacement on line with this model number.  Can someone help me find a comprable replacement or suggest some where I can find one.  Thank you!

Amber

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Motherboard Help
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
All you would need is a PCI Ethernet card...around 10 or 15 bucks.
It will ship with a driver disk just make sure it's compatible with your OS.
Installation is easy...remove all power sources and open the case or remove a side panel. Install the card making sure to use the holdown screw included.
Plug it in power up and you will be prompted fro the drivers...install the drivers and you're done.

As always when working inside the case take anti-static precautions.

While you are at it pick up a can of compressed air from the computer store and do some housekeeping while you are in there.
Clean all heatsinks and fans...use a QTip to hold the fan blades in place while you're blasting them...not doing this can ruin the fans.

Good Luck and keep us posted...

p,s. If you are in the States try newegg...great prices...great customer service.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
  • Google
    « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:20:35 PM »
    Yea, what Patio said - he beat me to it...

Though you mentioned an 'onboard' ethernet, are you meaning that the connection that your computer connects to the internet to is physically soldered onto the board? If this is the case then there is no way you can replace it.
    System specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
    ASUS Striker Extreme
    XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
    2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
    Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
    -

ambe0487

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 03:22:28 PM »
    It is soldered to the board. That is why I was asking about finding the new mother board that would be comprable to the current one I have.