Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop keeps reloading but won't start up!!  (Read 3285 times)

millsna

Laptop keeps reloading but won't start up!!
« on: July 19, 2007, 02:47:47 AM »
Hi, Please help!

This is my Hubby's work laptop and I need to get the work on it!!
Anyways:

I have had a lot of trouble with this laptop being real slow etc, I took it to an 'expert' who 'tweaked' it and it was ok for about 2 weeks and now won't load up at all! it keeps loading in windows xp and won't atually load in properly, it just starts again! it has done it about 5 times now and I need some valuable work off it!!

It is a Dell laptop and mostly has stuff saved on the D drive! Please help!!

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Laptop keeps reloading but won't start up!!
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:56:56 AM »
    A couple of suggestions...

1. Boot into Safe Mode and get what you need off of it, reformat and reinstall windoze
    2. Take it back to the "expert" if you trust him/her and have them make it right

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

AGXGGX

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »
    If you cannot go to Safe Mode, just press (F1) or another F, depending on your Computer, to Enter the Setup and change the Boot order, this Usually happens when there's an error with the CD Driver (Try Disabling it first).

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 09:04:52 AM »
      umm. this sounds erriely familar too. oh wait i have a laptop right now im working on that is doing tyhe same exact thing. i bet she won't be able to get into safe mode i bet she'll get to the menu and press safe mode and it will look like its going but wont it will just restart again. from what i can tell from the laptop i have the system is corrupt like no other. so contact dell and have them instruct you on doing a repair install. and is how that works for you. does it have xp home or pro on it??

just my two cents

unlovedwarrior