Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need some basic help  (Read 3724 times)

peter2004

need some basic help
« on: July 22, 2007, 06:03:34 AM »
I am planning on buying a new lap top for the first time in 3 years, so i have lost track of what is good and what is not.
1. what brand is better?, i have always had good luck with HP before
2. what processor is better? give me 3 choices in case price becomes an issue.
3. what is the word on vista? not that i have a choice, i heard thats all you get now, i have always used xp.
I know this is sort of a basic question, but i don't want to buy anything until i ask somebody that knows better.
thank you

peter2004

Richenstony

Re: need some basic help
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 06:10:30 AM »
I am planning on buying a new lap top for the first time in 3 years, so i have lost track of what is good and what is not.
1. what brand is better?, i have always had good luck with HP before
2. what processor is better? give me 3 choices in case price becomes an issue.
3. what is the word on vista? not that i have a choice, i heard thats all you get now, i have always used xp.
I know this is sort of a basic question, but i don't want to buy anything until i ask somebody that knows better.
thank you

peter2004
well for your cpu you want a dual core if you can afford it.......brand i would say sony thats my fave anyway.....vista isnt at a high point at the moment , so i would personally stick with x-p home or pro

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: need some basic help
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 07:24:21 AM »
And when you do get closer to deciding contact the manufacturer about the option of having XP instead ov Vista if that is what you want...because of demand some manuf. have made this an option. Dell is one of them.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "