Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: usb drive troubles  (Read 2177 times)

Panda25

Topic Starter

Beginner
    usb drive troubles
    « on: July 24, 2007, 03:23:15 PM »
    I have a user who is trying to use a usb thumb drive but is unable to view it.  She is on a Windows 2000 Professional system.  When I log on to that system as administrator or myself, I am able to see the drive in My computer.  She is setup as administrator of the box, so she doesn't have any restrictions on her account.  Is there something very basic I am overlooking?  The funny thing is that my account on that system is setup as a poweruser.  You would think that I would be the one who wouldn't have access to the drive. 

My temporary solution for this is to log in as myself, and copy her data from her thumb drive to her C:\ drive and have her log back in using the copy of her file off of the C:\ drive.

Any advice?

If you need any additional information please let me know.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: usb drive troubles
      « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:19:20 PM »
      Sound like something in her account might be corrupted  ??? ???

Might try creating another account, then coping her info to it.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Panda25

Topic Starter

Beginner
        Re: usb drive troubles
        « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:31:24 AM »
        How would I go about creating another account?  Wouldn't I just delete her old account as being logged in as administrator and have her log back in again to rebuild the account?  I'm sure this is very simple, but I've never done anything like this before.