Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cut out  (Read 7294 times)

Paullllllllll

Cut out
« on: July 25, 2007, 12:22:37 PM »
Hey guy's

I have had this problem for some while and I thought why not ask someone.

I have no information about it, I get no error reports, no indications or when it will happen and I have been unable to find a common factor each time.

Basically my computer tends to fully restart.

any ideas?

I have ran countless virus scans and spyware and eradicated any of them problems and it still occurs.

Any help would be gratefull
Thanks
 :o

Richenstony

Re: Cut out
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:24:41 PM »
Basically my computer tends to fully restart. what do you mean <<<<  :)

does it restart all the time without your permission ..

Tony  :)

Paullllllllll

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 12:26:20 PM »
It just turns off instantly i could be in the middle of doing ANYTHING and it turns off. Then restarts just back to the desktop.

If that helps

beanhead07

Hopeful
    « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 12:31:10 PM »
    Could be bad memory... have you tried running a memory test?
    If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

Richenstony

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 12:31:49 PM »
    hmmm ok , well lets try a few basics .... go into control panel and click power options and see if anything looks wrong , it could be some settings have been set to restart you , i don't want to say anything else until you checked this out ..... you could be overheating....

Richenstony

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 12:34:08 PM »
    Could be bad memory... have you tried running a memory test?
    going on what beanhead said theres plenty of individual tests we can do to see if it is some of your hardware is faulty  run this test..... www.memtest.org if you can print screen and link us...with the information you get from the test

Paullllllllll

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 12:35:08 PM »
    No nothing seems out of place, no restart settings, shut downs or nothin it just fine  :)

Richenstony

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 12:37:18 PM »
    some extra information: . "Win XP  has  a default setting to restart at just about any error. It makes things difficult to analyze when it blows through and restarts the computer. Settings / Control Panel / System / Advanced / Startup and Recovery / Settings. Make sure the box is UNCHECKED where it says "Automatically Restart" under System Failure."

Paullllllllll

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
    yeah that was set to restart, thanking you

next time anything happens ill be straight back if i dont know what too do

Thanks a lot  :)

greatly appreciated

Richenstony

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 12:41:46 PM »
    np  :D Glad i could help

Stick around some useful topics on here you may learn a thing or to  ;)

Tony

Paullllllllll

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 09:11:09 AM »
    think i found the problem

this is what i get when it cuts out

Richenstony

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 09:13:49 AM »
    I see you :D

Ok did you just get this message ......... follow the on-screen instructions.......something some where along the lines is faulty we need to find out what... :-\ :)

Tony

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 09:14:21 AM »
      so hardware bsod from what i can tell how much free space do you have?? what kind of computer is it?? contact the company that you bought it from and ask them how to update you bios. and ask them for a hdd checking tool to see if your hdd as any problems

Richenstony

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 09:20:25 AM »
      so hardware bsod from what i can tell how much free space do you have?? what kind of computer is it?? contact the company that you bought it from and ask them how to update you bios. and ask them for a hdd checking tool to see if your hdd as any problems
      I can update his bios if i get his motherboard make and model :D , i think theres a genuine error in his hardware , i think your c: drive has stop responding , which is never good , i feel you should try and use it in another computer , or , you could re-format but thats always a last resort balls in your court buddy.... :)

Tony

beanhead07

Hopeful
        « Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 09:24:09 AM »
        AAAHH!!! The Blue Screen of Death!!! *runs and hides* lol Man, is that your ceiling that is mostly windows in your reflection? That looks really cool!
        If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.