Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Does Not Boot  (Read 2383 times)

jc38723

Computer Does Not Boot
« on: July 26, 2007, 10:49:14 AM »
Hello, yesterday before I left for my brother's House my computer was working just fine, I may have turned it on that session by hitting the reset button, don't know if that would cause any problems or not.. But 2 hours later I came back home to turn my computer on, and my computers fan lights would just blink and turn back off. The very back fan in my PC would turn on for like a second and turn off. Nothing is turning on the lights do but for only like a second. On my motherboard the green light is on and so is my Ethernet Light. I have changed the power cord, and even changed electrical plugs and still nothing. I am using the Apevia Iceberg 680W power supply, at this point I think it's the power supply. Please help if you have any solutions or second opinons.

beanhead07

Hopeful
    Re: Computer Does Not Boot
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 12:39:03 PM »
    Take a voltage meter and find out what your PSU is reading to make sure it's your PSU.
    If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

jc38723

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 01:52:51 PM »
    what if i don't have access to one.

Richenstony

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 02:15:53 PM »
    what if i don't have access to one.
    Ok have you tried disconnecting everything , and reconnecting it back up ...... are you 100% sure all wires are intact , something may have come loose one of the fans may have knocked a wires out ..... this is a possibility as this happened to me yesterday.... i don't think this has anything to do with your volts as you said it was working before .... it could be 2 things , take a good look in your computer and make sure everything is linked up correctly ...... you seem pretty computer handy so i wont bother posting a picture of what needs to be connected but if you do want a picture just ask .

Tony :)

endlevel

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 02:20:10 PM »
    its look like short circut in your motherboard, give air blow to your M.Board and shak all components & Devices which are connected with motherboard...

Richenstony

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 02:21:04 PM »
    its look like short circut in your motherboard, give air blow to your M.Board and shak all components & Devices which are connected with motherboard...

Not to be rude but ignore that..... :-X :-X

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 07:28:12 PM »
      Swap out the PSU as a test, it's the easiest way to find out.

jc38723

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 04:55:38 PM »
      awesome thanks for the info. gonna check the connections now.