Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Runtime error help  (Read 3596 times)

stumped by PCs

Runtime error help
« on: August 01, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »
I am running software specific for our practice. I am running Windows 2000 on all three networked computers. Everybody can connect to each other to share files. When I connect to the software database over the network on my Dell PowerEdge 1400, I can connect to the database but as soon as I try to do anything in a patient account I get the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ART\Office\MSACCESS.EXE
abnormal program termination

Then the software quits and I'm back at square one.

My network guy says its a software error but my software guy says it must be a network error since my other two computers have no problem with the software.

I'm almost bald from pulling out my hair trying to figure this out. Help!! Anybody??

Stumped by PCs

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    Re: Runtime error help
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 02:27:10 PM »
    is the software on each computer or is it over a network that each computer has access to the program?

stumped by PCs

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 02:52:17 PM »
    The software is on each computer. They share the main database that is stored on an external harddrive.

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 02:57:27 PM »
      the problem computer does it have remote access to this external??

stumped by PCs

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 03:26:38 PM »
      Remote access? Not sure what to tell you. I am connected with C5 cable from the problem computer to a Linksys which is how I connect to the network through a workgroup. Does that help?

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
        « Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 04:44:11 PM »
        Is the external hdd connected to a computer or directly into the network hub?

stumped by PCs

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 07:29:38 PM »
        The external harddrive is connected to a little computer (w/2G harddrive) as a workstation connected with a monitor. The little computer is connected to the Linksys.

Even when I had the external harddrive connected directly to the problem computer (USB port), I got a run time error running the database. Also, it would not allow me to copy the database to the problem computers harddrive though I could copy any other type of file from the external harddrive to the problem computer.

Lastly, I have been able to backup the database to a laptop with no problem.

What a tangled mess!!! Help!!