Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: File encrypted?  (Read 2097 times)

redjoy

Topic Starter

Rookie
    File encrypted?
    « on: August 10, 2007, 04:20:17 PM »
    Wasn't sure where to put this, has been driving me crazy. I got an attachment PDF in an email but when I go to open it it goes to notebook & is encrypted, never had that problem before. I called the people & they never heard of it & sd to oepn it in Adobe. I am totally confused! Any help would really be appreciated.

Anodoin

Intermediate

Re: File encrypted?
      « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:17:22 PM »
      PDF files are or the Adobe Acrobat format and can't be viewed from within Notepad.  It's not encrypted, so to speak, it's just not plain text.  Like trying to open an image with notepad.

For some reason your computer's associated PDF files with Notepad.  (Associations tell a computer what program is used to open what type of file.) 

If you don't have Acrobat installed, or if you're not sure if you do, visit www.adobe.com and download the free reader.  After installing it should associate PDF files with Acrobat, and you'll be able to view the file.

Fed

• Sage
        • Experience: Experienced
        Re: File encrypted?
        « Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 09:54:37 PM »
        A 5 star answer Anodin, Foxit is a very fast PDF viewer that I prefer over Adobe.