Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: X1300 Visiontek Videocard 4 big problems  (Read 2708 times)

Quakky

Topic Starter

Beginner

X1300 Visiontek Videocard 4 big problems
    « on: August 18, 2007, 10:33:16 PM »
    Well im throwing this topic in while i go mess around with this videocard until i get it to work or I send it in to be replaced or something. So here is my problem and im hoping somone suggests something by the next 2 days lol.

Please note that ths is a new installation of windows, and ive had other problems on my last windows, hense the format, but now i have new problems.

1. My card O/C's itself. Ya its the most retarded thing i read too, but its true. No matter what i do, i cant work without Atitool or atitry Having to run at the startup and Downclock the X1300 down or else it will "wtfrape" me with the Blue screen of death, or i the video drivers will crash and my screen will go blank (from overheating and a crapload of artifacts). (this problem was present in the previous windows, and this current one)

2. at some random time (mostly when im playing games or watching a video), the video drivers will crash, making my game freeze and then a blank screen appearing, the only way to recover from the crash without a hard restart, is to go nuts Alt tabing in and out of the game BEFORE the screen goes blank. I know ive succeded if the monitor blacks out for a sec and my game comes back on. (this problem also occured with previous Windows installation)

3. When playing games, for some weird and unknown reason, when i put my games to low Resolution, my fps goes DOWN!!. I get more (or same) fps if im at 1680X1050 than 1024/768 ! how is that possible? I dont get it. For example, I get 15-35 FPS when im at such high rez and i get the same FPS if im at the lowest res that i can go to.

4. The card gets unusually hot, especially on the edges of the board, u can fry an egg on that. I have 3 fans (the main one , and 2 on the back of the videocard) to try to keep it cool Mainly when windows is starting up. the 2 fans i think give me 2-3 more seconds of stability before a crash .

My specs:

2.4 GHz intel
    1 Gig ram
    550 watts PSU
    asrock p4vm890
      :-\ And a Magnificent X1300 PCI-E 512MB card

PS . when the Card O/C's at the startup, Its clock read "596 core, 810 mem, or maybe its the otherway around, so ya i only have a few seconds for ati tool to start and downclock the card before it crashes the pc, as u can see.

I also changed drivers, downloaded omega drivers, downloaded the 7.1 drivers, they all giving me the same issue. I just formated 3 days ago and im hoping i dont have to format again ..

thanks and cheers

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: X1300 Visiontek Videocard 4 big problems
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 07:51:38 AM »
    It obviously doesn't like the overclocked settings...set it back to default and re-install the original drivers that came with it
    New drivers are not always better drivers...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Quakky

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: X1300 Visiontek Videocard 4 big problems
      « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 09:04:49 AM »
      lol patio, i dunno wat it is, but i guess u didnt understand me...

The card overclocks itself (problem number 1). What i Do is Reset the clock speeds of the core and memory at each startup by using ATItool. I Reset the clock speeds to default when using ATItool, I dont Overclock it, I downclock it to defaults.