Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem..."  (Read 7532 times)

fablious

"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem..."
« on: August 24, 2007, 06:00:11 PM »
Within 5 minutes of logging into my e-mail account to check my mail, I get a window appearing with "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.  If you were in the middle of something...." and then everything closes and goes straight back to desktop.  If I re-open immediately it does the same thing.  If I restart and then begin again, it does the same thing.  One day the browser closed 5 times within 30 minutes.  I've noticed that it doesn't do it as often if I don't stay logged in to Yahoo, but it still does it none the less.  I have recently done a complete systemn restore/recovery, I have IE 7, Windows XP, Panda antivirus/firewall 2007, (high protection) w/ recent scan of entire computer.  Nothing out of the ordinary shows up on scans, don't know what else to do!  Any suggestions welcomed and appreciated. ???

pegoode

Re: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem..."
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 04:14:03 AM »
Similar problem.  Started happening with IE 6, upgraded to 7, still happening.  Also have XP.  Doesn't happen when I'm using Outlook or Netscape - only IE.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Spero-T

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 05:54:33 AM »
Not sure about this one try mozilla

http://www.mozilla.org/download.html

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 08:20:50 AM »
fablious, after you did the complete system restore, did that make any difference? 

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »
    "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem..."

.... Windows Update.

quilvor

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 04:36:46 AM »
    I 've encouterd same/ similar problem running with XP SP2 & IE7; if I right click IE icon on desktop and choose "start without add ons" problem resovled. The error message only occurs on my system when  I access certain URL and always happens for the those specific URL. I've tried disabling all add ons but prob remains only clears when I start IE without add ons