Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hello, question - midi to usb, music software  (Read 2417 times)

tweety pie 84

hello, question - midi to usb, music software
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:55:53 PM »
heya, im new here so hello.

Also a quick question.

I bought a midi keyboard about 9 years ago (i know a very long time lol).  It came with software called evolution triple software pack v1.01 and the keyboard is an evolution MK-149. 

Here comes the tricky bit (in trying to explain it). I recently bought a new computer.  I've been told that the software will work fine with the computer.  The problem is the cable. It has a circular 5 pin connector that goes into the keyboard itself (which says midi out, there is no midi in).  The other end of the cable is one of those rectangular connections with loads of pins that has screw's either side.  The problem is i no longer have a socket at the back of my pc for this connection.

I've been googling for a bit and found midi-usb connectors.  All these connectors seem to have two of the 5 pin connections, one for input and one for output, with the whole thing being a y shaped lead.  Is this likely to work?

Thing is i would just buy a new one but i really like this keyboard, ive had it years and i know the software really well etc.

Thanks for any advice in advance