Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP! Downloaded software for wireless keyboard and now NO KEYBOARD or MOUSE!  (Read 3153 times)

EGB

??? Hi. I just downloaded software for a keyboard and mouse from Kensington on my new Dell XPS 210 computer. I got a message to reboot the computer, so turned it off and back on. When it came on the USB keyboard and mouse no longer worked. I unplugged them and plugged in the USB connector and new mouse and key board. They don't work either. I couldn't shut down normally, so pushed the start button, waited and turned it on again. The keyboard and mouse still dont work. I get a message saying that the devices are not functioning.
My question: How do I fix this problem WITHOUT a keyboard or mouse>
Everything I've seen says to point to this, click this, or type in this..how do I do this without a keyboard? Or Mouse?
I've retried the USB keyboard and mouse and neither work.
I'm getting worried as my logic tells me there is a big problem now!
I went on the kensington website (on my old computer) and it says, DO NOT DOWNLOAD Software on VISTA - the keyboard and mouse work without it. There is no further information - I wish I'd known this before I downloaded the software.

Any advice would be most appreciated. I'm not an expert - just a person who tries to find solutions and learn.
Thanks so much.

JXY

Hopeful
    wait, so you're saying you're running vista?

also, what do you mean by "software" for your keyboard and mouse? do you mean a driver?

if so, i'm not sure about vista, but you can try rolling back the drivers by going to device manager, and selecting the device you want.

do this by :

right click on my computer>hardware>device manager
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day

Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
      Re: HELP! Downloaded software for wireless keyboard and now NO KEYBOARD or MOUS
      « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 10:39:56 AM »
       if you can connect a PS2 keyboard and PS2 mouse, then reboot and remove/ uninstall/ roll back   the downloaded drivers from the hardware management or check for a system restore point (before the drivers were installed) that you can go back to which might resolve the changes

Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: HELP! Downloaded software for wireless keyboard and now NO KEYBOARD or MOUS
      « Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 06:03:57 PM »
      http://www.cantoraccess.com/keyaccess/keyaccessfaq.htm

This is the link i gave in your other thread...it's how to use a machine without a mouse, You will need to do this to remove the Kensington software to get back to page one...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "