Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Confessions of a Dumb *censored*! How can I get out of th  (Read 4033 times)

bretwalda

Confessions of a Dumb *censored*! How can I get out of th
« on: November 25, 2004, 01:30:46 PM »

I don't remember opening anything unusual or out of the ordinary but by stupidity I now have both computers with the same virus.
I noticed first a box very similar to dial up boxes with Internet Explorer asking me to put in my user name and password. I am on broadband so obviously this couldn't be correct. Then I noticed the name on the box
community.globaleaccess.com (I will respell so that you know that spelling is correct community.globaleaccess.com) Now whenever I try to get on the net, this same notice comes up and at the top of the page that dot com reference. When I looked in new programmes I found it and also an uninstall. I used the uninstall but although both icons then disappeared, it is still controlling the page. The computer gave me a message that the shortcut to geaccess.exe which I had used could not find it. I searched on the computer and found what appeared to a geaccess.exe and two other items. I deleted all three but still the page control remains. I note also that although I have  adaware ,spybot and Norton they each find about five or six entries and I remove them but still it has made no difference.

So, thinking that if this was a dotcom it might have some kind of site where I could get help, I  connected my other computer to the internet and tried to access the site. Sure enough there is a site with some kind of UK phone number if you wish to join their club for accessing the internet. I did not try any number for obvious reasons. There is also a contact button which leads to a customer services e.mail. I wrote but of course I have heard nothing.
Now comes the dumbass bit. There is a button marked "members" I clicked on it and you've guessed it. Immediately my second computer was taken over in the same way as the first. I swear I only clicked the button and did nothing else and within five seconds another useless pc.

So I feel a total idiot in having invited the virus on to my second computer and I am asking for any help you can offer me.
Who are these people and why are they still being allowed to do it? Is this this site just a scam or what is it? Can anyone give this dumbass any answers before he makes any more mistakes.
Thanks

Bretwalda

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Confessions of a Dumb *censored*! How can I get out o
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 01:52:59 PM »
    bretwalda........I would suggest D/L hijackthis........
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html  and CW Shedder.....
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html....
    after you run hijackthis.......post the log it generates here so we can look at it ....perhaps we can help you clean out your pc's .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.