Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Help with an error on Windows 2000 Professional  (Read 5158 times)

Aprentice08

Topic Starter

Rookie

Need Help with an error on Windows 2000 Professional
    « on: September 02, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »
    Hi all,

I need help figuring out an error that I'm getting on my pc, OS Windows 2000 professional Service Pack 4

the error that I'm getting is this one..." THERE IS NO DISK IN THE DRIVE PLEASE
    INSERT A DISK INTO THE DRIVE \DEVICE\HARDDISK1\DR1 " them I have three options
    CANCEL...TRY AGAIN...CONTINUE.

At first I try to do a CHKSDSK on my C drive by choosing safe mode prompt. according to the results there were no errors found and everything came out good.
    But when I reboot the pc the same error pop out and it reeboot it the pc. The pc allow me to go to safe mode with no problem but as soon as I reeboot it, the error comes out...now, I did some troubleshooting and found that if I disconnect the internet cable from my pc I get the error but when I press cancel the OS comes out
    allowing me to go to windows 2000, as soon as I plug the cable in the  computer the OS shuts down and start rebooting in a loop.   ??? 

Any ideas??? I don't want to reinstalled windows 2000 again. I think there's must be a way to fix this problem without reinstalling windows 2000.

Thank you.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Need Help with an error on Windows 2000 Professional
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 04:52:36 AM »
    Have you tried uninstalling the modem in the control panel?
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Spero-T

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 04:59:05 AM »
    Edit: Perhaps the time has come to close the thread or move it to off topic..... (sorry copy and pasted this in by mistake was using spell checker)

And you are getting this THERE IS NO DISK IN THE DRI... error when you start up or when you try and access your disc drive ?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 07:56:49 AM by Spero-T »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 07:35:29 AM »
    Have you tried uninstalling the modem in the control panel?

Let's wait and see if he has tried this first...that modem may be fried.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Aprentice08

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 10:07:24 AM »
      I'm not using a modem, this is a DSL connection, I'm using an Ethernet card.... you guys think that might be the problem??  ::)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »
      I believe so as you stated that after doing some troubleshooting you were able to get to a Windows screen with the internet connection out.
      Keep it unplugged for now and run chkdsk /r on that hard drive and re-boot. and see if things improve.

If so a brand new NIC card is only 10 or 15 bucks...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Aprentice08

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 10:15:24 AM »
        Got it!! I'll do a chkdsk /r and see what happends...Thanks for the advice.