Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with computer  (Read 3492 times)

elxr06

Problem with computer
« on: September 06, 2007, 11:55:20 PM »
Hi I have two questions...

1). you know when you right click on an empty place on the desktop and a menu appears (the menu including the display option)?

When I load my computer, and I right click on the desktop for the very first time after having powered on, my computer hangs for a long moment and then after about a minute or two, then the menu appears. How can I fix that problem? Or is this a problem in some kind of windows settings?

2). When windows starts, in the first few minutes, it seems that the CPU is running at 100%, as I see the hard disk light constant on, which I believe should not happen, and I have checked the start up and I feel I don't have a lot of stuff that should take up so much CPU and cause my computer to hang for that time. What seems to be the problem now and how to fix?

Thanks for all the help!

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Problem with computer
    « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 12:49:36 AM »
    In my experience Vista takes a while to get fully loaded and ready and can be very unresponsive for the first few minutes. (Pretty much the reason I've switched back to XP.)
    The recommended system requirements for Home Premium also specifies 1GB of RAM. So since your system has less it will be more sluggish.

Removing any unneeded programs from your startup can help depending on how much you have running.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)