Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: connecting  (Read 2631 times)

mplsteacher

connecting
« on: October 06, 2007, 10:45:13 AM »
Hello,

I'd  like some help.

In the past few weeks, a good fairy visited my classroom and supplied me with a video data projector, a document camera, and a new computer!

For the time being, I am unplugging my monitor from the computer and plugging in a VGA cable which has a wall connector and is wired to my ceiling-installed video data projector.

Then, when I got the document camera, I tried connecting it to the video data projector with a c-video connector.  The resolution was not good enough.

So yesterday, I unplugged the monitor, plugged in the VGA cable to the data projector, showed some stuff, unplugged the VGA cable from the computer and plugged it into the document camera to show what was under the lens, then back to the computer, etc.  It's too cumbersome and keeps me in the corner of the room where the outlets are that lead to the video data projector. 

Essentially, I have two outputs -- computer and document camera.  and two inputs -- monitor and data projector, though I understand that I could plug the document camera into the computer and view that output on the monitor.  Actually, the tech (who has since left for a better position) did that briefly.

The bottom line is that I have one VGA connection to the projector.  This is on the wall in the corner.  The computer and document camera are currently within 6 ft, but I would like to move the camera over a couple more feet.

My question is:  what cables, boxes, etc do I need so that I can have access to the images on the screen and on the monitor without having to unplug and plug every 5 minutes?  Where do I get this?  What kind of quality do I need, should look for, etc?  And what am I likely to pay?

Thank you so much for your help with this.

???

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: connecting
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 01:26:48 PM »
You just need something called VGA switch. It should run around 20 bucks, maybe less.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: connecting
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 02:56:30 AM »
You said you tried with c-video..you mean s-video right? anyway shouldn't make a difference, you graphics card should support changing to separate resolutions on both lines...my ATi9200SE does and its fairly old...so try that again....to manage dual monitors, right click desktop > properties > settings :)