Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to deactivate beep noise?  (Read 17392 times)

burton

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: how to deactivate beep noise?
    « Reply #30 on: October 07, 2007, 06:24:32 AM »
    Yes you are right, it is the "M Pro" version  ;)

I downloaded your links and installed the audio driver. The beep continued. I then installed the chipset and checked that the AC97 audio was disabled in the Bios - beep still continued. I havent installed the video graphics card yet.

The model is MT-M 6220-24G, so the drivers should be the right ones. I went to the Accessories - Volume and it still said there is no mixer components installed (same with audio recorder).

I then went to "Sounds and audio" and re-activated several windows sounds, so that the speaker-symbol now reappears - still no improvement.

Also the Hardware-assistant only found me an unknown component which I think I had before. I tried to re-install a driver for it but windows couldnt allocate anything. The is no information whatsoever on it accept in the details it mentions ACPI\ASF0001\2&DABA3FF&0 - but this might not even have anything to do with the audio. So I deactivated the device.

I googled that and I came up with this link http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/System_Utilities/Drivers/Q_22616462.html
    "IBM Alert Standard Format".

Alert !? Hmmm... sounds like it could do with the beeping noise.... I'll install the drivers under http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1MIGR-43364 and let you know if this works.

burton

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #31 on: October 07, 2007, 06:44:18 AM »
      OK - I managed to install it and the unknown driver has disappeared. It did say something about "ASF table"-driver, do you know what that means?

I now activated the AC97 sounds in the BIOS and.... finally.... the sounds in Windows were back! I deactivated the tone to have a quiet PC back again. Many thanks Kurtiskain ! Our employee will be so happy to return back to an unannoying PC on Monday  :D

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #32 on: October 08, 2007, 01:21:08 AM »
      Yes that was what you needed to do ;) forgot you turned it off in the BIOS  :-[

And you are very welcome!!
      Come back anytime :)
      Kurtis

burton

Topic Starter

Beginner
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #33 on: October 08, 2007, 01:39:36 AM »
        By the way, do you know what the ASF-table is good for, that was installed on the unknown IBM device?

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #34 on: October 08, 2007, 02:05:27 AM »
        I actually do not know...I believe it has something in common with the old WAVE Tables for the old Creative cards...Never really understood what those did either...This is under Multimedia adaptors?

burton

Topic Starter

Beginner
        • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
          « Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 02:09:32 AM »
          never mind - i am sure this is no security issue.
          This thread can be closed now - thumbs up!  ;)