Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with my computers display  (Read 2078 times)

stinty

Help with my computers display
« on: September 08, 2007, 11:54:11 AM »
I woke up this morning and went to check my e-mail and there was all these pink squigally lines all over the screen and i could barley see anything so i refreshed my browsers screen it was okay for about 2 seconds then little pink lines started bloching all over the screen , so i went to google to try and get help and the black print on the letters are barley visible and i can barley make out any words when i try to read the sreen but when i first appear on a new page i can see clearly but its when i scroll down that all the letters start getting blurry! for some reason it only gets real bad when i scroll down a screen and that when everything gets blurry and bad.                       

Also when i try to play a movie in my real player ( or windows player) the video starts corrupting and starts freezing with lines all over the place!                               

I have tried updating my graphics card driver , i have tried xp's error checking i also tried a system restore but nothing is working. I am hoping it is not my graphics card that is broken cause it will cost alot of money , i am hoping it is only some kind of error.

My computer is a pretty much brand new dell with a amd 64 +3500 bord and my graphics card is a nvidia geforce 7300 le with turbo cache with the latest drivers. Any help would be appreciative!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Help with my computers display
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 12:15:46 PM »
It sounds as if the card may be failing or the updated drivers are no good.
First try rolling back to the previous drivers and see if it smooths out.
If not we need to go inside...
Remove all power sources to the machine.
Open or remove a side panel and inspect everything inside.
If there is a good amount of dust accumulated then you will need a can of compressed air to clean things out.
Use a QTip to hold the fan blades in place when blasting the dust out.

After this procedure remove the hold down screw for the vid card and remove and re-seat the card replacing the screw when done.
Leave the side panel off and replace the power connections and re-boot the machine.
Check to see all fans are in working order. If so shut down and re-boot.
See if the picture has gotten better...if not i'm afraid you may need a new vid card.
Swap the monitor out to another machine to make sure it's not the monitor going bad.

Keep us posted and Good Luck and Welcome to CH !
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "