Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I fix this?  (Read 4019 times)

khill75462

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    How do I fix this?
    « on: September 10, 2007, 09:28:59 AM »
    When I try to run Scheduled Tasks, Registry Scan and Smart Error, I get the message :
       Unable to start task.
       The specific error is:
       0x80070003: The system cannot find the path specified.
       Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application.
    "RegClean Scheduled Scan.job" (RegClean.exe) 9/1/2007 3:30:00 AM ** WARNING **
       Invalid working directory..
       The specific error is:
       0x00000002: The system cannot find the file specified.
       Verify that the directory exists and try again.
    "RegClean Scheduled Scan.job" (RegClean.exe) 9/1/2007 3:30:00 AM ** ERROR **
       Unable to start task.
       The specific error is:
       0x80070003: The system cannot find the path specified.
       Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application.
    "ErrorSmart Scheduled Scan.job" (ErrorSmart.exe) 9/2/2007 3:30:00 AM ** WARNING **
       Invalid working directory..
       The specific error is:
       0x00000002: The system cannot find the file specified.
    "ErrorSmart Scheduled Scan.job" (ErrorSmart.exe) 9/2/2007 3:30:00 AM ** ERROR **
       Unable to start task.
       The specific error is:
    file specified.

Using Win2000.  Any ideas of what's causing this & how to correct?  Thanx.
    People may forget what you say; people may forget what you do, but people will never forget how you made them feel!

kbm292

Intermediate

Re: How do I fix this?
      « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 09:51:43 AM »
      It's from an invalid path to that application.  Are you scheduling it to run a shortcut?  If so check the path to make sure it is the correct one to the application itself.

khill75462

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:38:08 AM »
        Run a shorcut?  You mean from the desktop or something?  No, it's just under the routine systems programs, task scheduler.  I don't know how to check the path.  The task manager runs my other tasks fine ~ it's just the two.  I had 3-4 pages of the same thing that I showed as errors.  I had it scheduled to run at a certain time for several months!  Never checked back to see if it did until yesterday.  Apparently, it didn't, huh?    Even when I try to give the command for it to run "once", as in right now, it won't run.  I'm very, very techno ignorant, so if there are 10 steps, can't assume that any idiot knows the first 4 and start with 5 in explaining.  I use my computer mainly for fun, but do try to keep it maintained.  Any further instructions?  Thanks.  K
        People may forget what you say; people may forget what you do, but people will never forget how you made them feel!

kbm292

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 11:03:44 AM »
          What you can do is go here and see if they may know why their product won't run in the scheduler.  Also, can you run Error Smart manually?  Can you just double click on the program and have it run?  Try the same thing for the Regclean as well and let us know if they do run or not.  That way we can narrow it down to a scheduling issue.