Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power supply  (Read 3786 times)

Amir Cheema

Power supply
« on: November 28, 2004, 11:51:26 PM »
Well yeah um due to one act not of my will my computer station was deesmbled just to scrap a plug. Now I was in a rish and due to the most unfourtunate consequences I stuck it into a 220 voltage plug when I was supposed to use a 110. I know this but I forgot when rushing. I heard small sizziling noises and pops then smoke billowed from the tower. Now I would liek to know what blew up so that I may replace that one part instead of the whole computer. Mind you the computer is not but 2 days old.

merlin_2

Re: Power supply
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 04:05:47 AM »
fried motherboard etc...

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 06:12:38 AM »
Mind you the computer is not but 2 days old.

And yet you have been so uncareful... Send whatever's left of your computer to me and move to a cave where you can be of no harm to modern technology...

Test all your hardware individually to eliminate damaged parts.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 12:49:51 PM by Raptor »

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 03:19:01 PM »
a surge protector may have save you alot of hassle :)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 01:18:03 PM »
To be honest, you could have fried just about anything or everything inside your computer. OUCH!

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 04:42:37 PM »
Well yeah um due to one act not of my will my computer station was deesmbled just to scrap a plug. Now I was in a rish and due to the most unfourtunate consequences I stuck it into a 220 voltage plug when I was supposed to use a 110. I know this but I forgot when rushing. I heard small sizziling noises and pops then smoke billowed from the tower. Now I would liek to know what blew up so that I may replace that one part instead of the whole computer. Mind you the computer is not but 2 days old

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awaiting the next installment of this saga? is it a wind up?