Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: replacing vista with XP  (Read 4843 times)

Soviet_Genius

replacing vista with XP
« on: October 01, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »
I have Vista, I don't like it. I want to install XP. Before I start, I want to get drivers for all my hardware. I have sound and video drivers, I just need network card drivers. I have an "nVidia nForce Networking Controller". Where do I get drivers for it? I looked on the nVidia website and where it tells me to choose my device there are many options under "nForce". I don't know which one to pick. Can somebody help me?

The Saviour

Re: replacing vista with XP
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 05:41:16 PM »
What is the make and model of your computer...or is it a custom build?

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »
It's an HP Pavilion a6000n desktop PC.

The Saviour

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 06:00:40 PM »
I'm having a little trouble finding an XP driver for that particular model network controller.

Tell me...is that an on-board controller?  I'm assuming it is.  If so...you may need to cross your fingers and hope XP recognizes it...or, if you have a separate PCI Network adapter lying around...you can use it.  They're relatively inexpensive...about $15 at Wal-Mart...just depends on where in the world you are.  If your username is any clue...I'm not sure if they have a "Wally World" in Russia.

I went to HP Support for drivers as they pertain to your model...and the only drivers they have are for Vista and Vista 64-bit.

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 06:06:11 PM »
 :-\ That's not good. Oh and I live in Canada, I moved here. The network adapter is onboard. I have a solution for this if XP won't recognize it..... When I just got this computer, I got a USB wireless adapter. It didn't have drivers for Vista, so I just moved the router to the Vista Computer and used the wireless thing for my old computer which has XP. If XP won't recognize, I'll just move the router back to the old computer and use the wireless adapter.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 06:23:12 PM »
Have you contacted HP ? ?
They'll probably ship you a MBoard driver CD for nothing...specify XP if that's what you need.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "