Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: start menu dissapears right after I log on to my computer  (Read 1946 times)

mrmomtc

start menu dissapears right after I log on to my computer
« on: September 14, 2007, 07:15:50 PM »
I just got a new/used computer (Gateway media center).I set up my dsl with att/sbc Yahoo-I don't think this had anything to do with my problem-but after a short time of using my computer every time I would log on under any name or guest just as soon as the start menu loads it dissapears.I checked the start menu settings and the hide box is not checked.The start menu is there in safe mode.Does anyone have any sugestions?Thanks

flipflops

Re: start menu dissapears right after I log on to my computer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 07:30:11 PM »
Is it only the  start menu or the  tilte bar  that comes with it? If it is the title bar as well  it might be hidden  just below the sceen or just out of sight of the sides. try moving the  cursor around the edges. If that work then drag it back into position. Hope this helps.

mrmomtc

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:10:37 PM »
the title bar,start button and menu,and icons,all disappear.moving the cursor around the edges dosen't find anything either.thanks

spiderlucci

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:20:38 PM »
hi,when you wave your mouse where the taskbar should be does it re-appear? If so rightclick on it and select Properties then uncheck Auto-hide the Taskbar.

If that doesnt solve your issue, have a look here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q318027)
good luck!  ;D

mrmomtc

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »
thanks-taskbar dosen't appear when I move cursor over it.Still working with the microsoft link.It appears media center 2005 is a little different than xp and xp pro.