Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Software  (Read 3368 times)

Ciccio_54

Software
« on: November 28, 2004, 01:52:50 PM »
http://
I have a very old friend in America who is not computer literate. She says she can't cut and paste on her PC. What could be wrong? She runs Windows 2000.
Also someone has told her that if you store a new computer for a long period without plugging it in it will become useless! Sounds daft to me but what do I know? Ciccio_54
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 01:55:18 PM by Ciccio_54 »

Computer_Commando

Re: Software
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 02:42:17 PM »
http://
1.  I have a very old friend in America who is not computer literate. She says she can't cut and paste on her PC. What could be wrong? She runs Windows 2000.

2. Also someone has told her that if you store a new computer for a long period without plugging it in it will become useless! Sounds daft to me but what do I know?...

1.  You answered your own question; your friend is not computer literate and is old.  Cut and Paste functions have not changed since Windows was invented.  About the only thing that hasn't changed in Windows!

2. Eventually, the CMOS battery will run down.  They last 5-10 years.  Similar battery to that in a digital wrist watch.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 02:43:25 PM by Computer_Commando »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 03:16:44 PM »
You know, that theory about leaving the computer off for a long tim, and turning it back on thing.... Well, it won't start again. I tried...... lol

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 04:23:22 PM »
    You know, that theory about leaving the computer off for a long tim, and turning it back on thing.... Well, it won't start again. I tried...... lol

[glb]Flame[/glb]

How long have you left it? Was it dusty inside? Were components missing? Did it work before you stored it? ;)lol

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 04:03:51 AM »
    does it run normally......if so tell your friend when booting the pc hold down the f8 key and chose the last good config..
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 04:04:18 AM by merlin_2 »