Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please take a look.  (Read 39734 times)

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Please take a look.
    « Reply #45 on: September 26, 2007, 09:40:08 PM »
    Disable Comodo, I saw talk in another thread that it drops out because of inactivity.
    I use Sygate so that's about as much as I know of Comodo.
    It won't hurt to try.

Ivy

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2007, 09:50:01 PM »
    OH MY GOD, i ran ccleaners and everything on my start menu has dissapeared!!!!!!!
    Disable Comodo, I saw talk in another thread that it drops out because of inactivity.
    I use Sygate so that's about as much as I know of Comodo.
    It won't hurt to try.

How?
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:27:40 AM by Ivy »

Fed

• Sage
      « Reply #47 on: September 27, 2007, 03:51:27 AM »
      You should be able to turn off the firewall from within Comodo but if you can't find where then try the startup tab of msconfig.
      You will need to reboot for changes made in the msconfig startup tab to take affect. (Same when you re-enable it)

Fed

• Sage
        « Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007, 03:54:10 AM »
        OH MY GOD, i ran ccleaners and everything on my start menu has dissapeared!!!!!!!
        You must have done something else, ccleaner is a safe as houses.

Ivy

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2007, 06:37:13 AM »
        Here are the options that were given on CCleaner;
        Internet explorer options
        Windows Explorer
        >Recent documents
        >Run(in start menu)
        >Search Assistant Autocomplete
        >Other explorer MRUs
        Advanced
        >Old Prefetch data
        >Menu order cache
        >Tray notification Cache
        >Windows size/location catche
        >User assist history
        >IIS Log files
        >Hotfix U ninstallers
        >Custom Files and Folders

In applicatonns there was
        Office 2003
        Yahoo toolbar
        Adobe flash player
        Windows media player
        MS paint
        RegEdit
        All this is gone!!!!!!

What am i to do now , plllllllllllease help.
        Thankyou Fed for being patient with me.
        Thankyou.

Fed

• Sage
          « Reply #50 on: September 27, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »
          Check for the little arrow at the bottom of your menus to re-expand them again.

Ivy

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2007, 04:47:37 AM »
          Here is the list of things that happened:
          Firstly i ran msconfig and uncheked comodo option , i clicked apply but a message appeared saying i need to log on with the Administrator account,then i clicked it again , it says windows will restart , i let it restart, but when it restarts , a message appears telling me to choose one of the options:
          1)Normal start up.
          2)Diagnostic start up
          3)selective start up.
          I clicked Normal start up and Diagnostic start up one by one repeating all the procedure, but both of the times comodo was still running, i decided to start up normally and not experiment any furthur , I  thought it will be better to let you know first.

Also these days after closing sites like youtube and photobucket etc a message is displayed telling
          The instruction 0*62304390 refered memory at 0*62304390.
          The memory could not be read
          Click OK to terminate the program.

Thanks a lot Fed , im waiting for help.

Fed

• Sage
            « Reply #52 on: September 29, 2007, 03:12:11 PM »
            Check for the little arrow at the bottom of your menus to re-expand them again.
            Has this issue now been resolved?

Firstly i ran msconfig and uncheked comodo option , i clicked apply but a message appeared saying i need to log on with the Administrator account,
            Log on as Admin and use msconfig to disable Comodo (reboot) or disable it from within the Comodo program then try the Spybot S&D download.

One step at a time & read every screen carefully.

Richenstony

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007, 03:14:27 PM »
            Thanks ! :)
            and yes lets wait for CBmatt to have a look at this.
            Not being funny ivy but CBmatt isnt the only one around here that can tackle these kind of problems......

Fed

Unlovedwarrior

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 03:57:52 PM by Richenstony »

Fed

• Sage
              « Reply #54 on: September 29, 2007, 03:56:17 PM »
              I'm sure Chris is watching & laughing as we try to keep this thread on track. :D

Just to recap, our objective at the moment is to disable Comodo to see if that will allow Ivy to download Spybot S&D.
              It would seem that all of Ivy's downloads are being cut short and there was talk of Comodo being the culprit in another thread.
              If this is a setting within Comodo I'd hope someone will chime in with a fix.

We can address any remaining issues later, I don't want this thread to wander aimlessly so we need to stay focussed.

Richenstony

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2007, 03:59:39 PM »
              I'm sure Chris is watching & laughing as we try to keep this thread on track. :D

Just to recap, our objective at the moment is to disable Comodo to see if that will allow Ivy to download Spybot S&D.
              It would seem that all of Ivy's downloads are being cut short and there was talk of Comodo being the culprit in another thread.
              If this is a setting within Comodo I'd hope someone will chime in with a fix.

We can address any remaining issues later, I don't want this thread to wander aimlessly so we need to stay focussed.

Yeah hes just extremely busy with his studys...... and social life.... Im sure once hes sorted he will be back full time in no-time..... :D

Ivy

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »
              I would recommend dowloading Ad-Aware (if you don't already have it [custom scan>scan within archives] ) - scan with that (although it is an adware/malware scanner) , reboot and scan again (with all your AV scanners.) , that's what I do. Additionally do you have system restore turned on I've heard that viruses can restore themselves via system restore. However don't count on me wait for an expert to seal the deal :) hope your problem gets sorted soon.
              Additionally, your log file looks fine but again wait for the pro's
              In Reply to this i had said lets wait for Chris to take a look at this, at this point Fed had not taken a look at the thread, and i was not aware that he helps in viruses too, since Fed took up the thread i have been taking only his help, im sure CBmatt must be busy and thanks for the information Tony.

Fed,
              The start menu is filling up again as im using programs, they appear in it.
              I clicked on the programs from clicking the arrow.
              Fed i  already have the administrators account, what should i do now
              Please help.

Fed

• Sage
                « Reply #57 on: September 29, 2007, 11:33:41 PM »
                Log on as Admin and use msconfig to disable Comodo (reboot) or disable it from within the Comodo program then try the Spybot S&D download.

One step at a time & read every screen carefully.

Ivy

I HAVE AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT ,I STILL CANT MAKE CHANGES IN MSCONFG!!!!!!!
                « Reply #58 on: September 30, 2007, 06:28:00 AM »
                IM SICK OF THIS!!!!!!!
                EVERYONE SEEMS TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAYS ON THIS PATHETIC THREAD , EXCEPT WHAT IM SAYING!!!!!
                I HAVE SAID SO MANY TIMES THAT IM UNABLE TO MAKE CHANGES TO MY MSCONFG DESPITE LOGGING AS THE ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!!
                OH MY GOD , IM GOING TO BREAK THIS FREAKIN COMPUTER.

Richenstony

Re: I HAVE AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT ,I STILL CANT MAKE CHANGES IN MSCONFG!!!!!!!
                « Reply #59 on: September 30, 2007, 06:30:37 AM »
                IM SICK OF THIS!!!!!!!
                EVERYONE SEEMS TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAYS ON THIS PATHETIC THREAD , EXCEPT WHAT IM SAYING!!!!!
                I HAVE SAID SO MANY TIMES THAT IM UNABLE TO MAKE CHANGES TO MY MSCONFG DESPITE LOGGING AS THE ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!!
                OH MY GOD , IM GOING TO BREAK THIS FREAKIN COMPUTER.

lol  ;D  ::)