Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

My computer graphics arent displaying correctly

graphics card driver
0 (0%)
somthing else
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Computer graphics messed up...  (Read 4546 times)

Liamxy

Computer graphics messed up...
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:33:43 PM »
i have recently switched back from linux to xp and.... now i cant get above 640, 480 (don't tell me to go to start, control panel, etc... because a) im not an iddiot and b) im a geek :P) i had windows and it worked just fine (graphics-wise) and when i went to linux....nvm thats another story... so i went back to windows and my graphics are stuck

---tried solutions---
start, control panel, display, and yada-yada --didn't work
download graphics drivers from gateway (monitor type)-- said graphics card not supported
graphics card driver (honestly no clue what it is but i think intel celeron b/c of a sticker)--downloaded, installed (completely), rebooted, and got bull.
HECK even gone into system BIOS, changed the boot speed to a slower one (or some bull like that) and still---B-U-L-L

I also went to Start, run, typed in "dxdiag", went to display and (in the box) got this:

The system is using the generic video driver.  Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available.  You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Im in a rut... any answers can REALLY help me out. and when im going to forums-I need help.

Thanks in advance-- liam

OH!
P.S. Ive reinstalled windows sp2 and didnt work
P.S.S. ( do you have to start with windows xp, then go to sp1 then sp2 or somthing?)

Richenstony

Re: Computer graphics messed up...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »
1. Start 
2. right click my computer
3  click mange then device manger
4. expand display adapters - click your GPU
5. Make sure its responding ok by looking in the information box
6. update your GPU drives or roll back to a previous driver installed.

You didnt mention this.....

The Saviour

Re: Computer graphics messed up...
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:38:48 PM »
Your graphics driver is not Intel Celeron...that's the processor...CPU for the layman.  I hope I didn't make you feel like an idiot.

BTW...go back to Gateway...and look for the drivers for your graphics card...there may be more than one...

Good luck.