Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't get into Windows 2000-deleted usernames  (Read 16799 times)

meganmixer

Can't get into Windows 2000-deleted usernames
« on: December 02, 2004, 06:53:21 PM »
Hi, I have deleted all usernames and passwords through the control panal. But am now unable to access computer as it still requires a usernames and password but will not accept any of the old ones.

Any suggestions Please?

cjkgmgod

Re: Can't get into Windows 2000-deleted usernames
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 07:09:33 PM »
Can you boot into safe mode (Press F8 during start up)?

megan

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 02:16:48 PM »
No tried F8 option and safe mode but it still comes up with logon screen and prompts for username/ password. Win 2000 Pro. I am selling machine and thought I had cleared my login details and thought it would be reset so I could just push esacpe once I had restarted it pass the log on screen then I could set new passwords with buyer.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 02:26:41 PM »
If you are selling your pc i would use this>http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/download.shtml and give the seller the win2k install disk...

viking

Adviser
  • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
    « Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 05:30:36 AM »
    megan, did you erased the "administrator" account too? I doubt you did... Press F8 when computer starts, and there you go :) (you need administrator's password; hopefully it's a blanc password = no password, or the word "administrator", admin, I don't know :( ). You want to sell your PC? Reinstall Windows, let only administrator account, and let the buyer to change everything he wish. You have to delete partitions at reinstall, recreate them, format them, reinstall windows and... that's it. Better ask a good friend to help you. You can do it yourself if you have a little book to explain windows 2000 installing.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 05:32:07 AM by viking »