Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Optimizer  (Read 4241 times)

AJ

Internet Optimizer
« on: December 04, 2004, 07:40:17 AM »
I have a program Internet Optimizer(possibly spyware or adware) but it was downloaded when I went to a site that I thought was the best choice for a search.  But anyways, I can't delete it and don't want to download the uninstaller and the other crap that comes with it.  Norton 2004 has said it is suspicious and it can't even delete it.  So I restarted the computer in safe mode and deleted every file, including the files for the other programs it also downloaded like Bulls-Eye Network, power scan and other programs producing the most random pop-up ads.  

Is there any safe way to delete it?

deantn

Re: Internet Optimizer
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 07:59:03 AM »
Go get "Highjackthis"  and run it . Shut down system restore before running and restore it after.

merlin_2

Re: Internet Optimizer
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 08:20:52 AM »
try this first>http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html   and also try advanced system optimizer /system mechanic/adaware/spysweeper from www.majorgeeks.com    and few good programs to chose from...have you got a 56k modem...have you tried altering the mtu rate...or updating the modem driver all these so called modem booster etc do very little....to help the net boost ask your phone company to turn up the gain...on your line...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 08:22:48 AM by merlin_2 »