Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: full screen games freeze  (Read 8313 times)

tinykitkatgrl

Re: full screen games freeze
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 08:58:45 AM »
ok, I tried closing all applications and all unneeded processes through task manager before running the game with no luck. thanks for the suggestion though.
I didn't time it but it seemed to run for the exact same time before freezing. I don't understand how they could work perfectly for the first few minutes and just completely freeze out of nowhere.  ???

Spero-T

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 09:03:08 AM »
Thanks for your advice guys

I "inherited" this computer from my brother when he went off to college two years ago and I don't think I tried to play any full screen games on it until the past year. However I know my brother played games like that on it so it must've been something I did after I started using it.
I've always had virus protection.
Under device manager/sound video game controllers/  I have listed Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio drivers, Legacy video capture devices, Media Control Devices, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device, SiS 7012 Audio Driver, Standard Game Port, and Video Codecs. under display adapter it says SiS 315.
I rightclicked each of them and clicked update driver but each one said "the wizard could find no better match for your hardware..."

Try typing the name of your graphics card into google, i am pritty sure you can download the latest drivers there :D

tinykitkatgrl

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 09:44:47 AM »
I actually updated the SiS 315 and SiS 7012 Audio Driver yesterday by searching on google and it still didn't work.

Spero-T

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 09:46:37 AM »
And the discs are def not scratched?

You have tried reinstalling them?

The Saviour

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 11:00:55 AM »
One thing we aren't aware of is the operating system you have installed.  I'm assuming it's Windows, but what version?

Also, were these games already installed on the computer or did you install them recently and have been having problems with them since you installed them?

Will wait for a reply...

tinykitkatgrl

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 03:11:10 PM »
I have Windows XP.

I've had the discs for a few years, but they've always worked on other computers in my house.
I've cleaned the discs, uninstalled and reinstalled them many times.
I've had this computer for a couple years and I can't remember a time when I ever got them to work on this computer, however before I had this computer my brother did and he was able to play games.

tinykitkatgrl

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »
Its been a few weeks since I got any replies. Can anybody else help me with this?

vindi

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 03:33:44 PM »
I actually updated the SiS 315 and SiS 7012 Audio Driver yesterday by searching on google and it still didn't work.
Sure, you might want to update the graphic card drivers, not the audio drivers :)
Moreover, you might want to provide us the problem, which should be recorded in the windows log: However, I do not remember how to access that file in XP, someone else might know though.

The Saviour

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »
Can you tell us the manufacturer's name and the model number of the computer?

Jek Hawkins

Beginner

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 04:14:37 PM »
    Is reinstalling Windows an option? Over time Windows tends to degrade... And I DO realize it's a pretty big task to reinstall the OS...
    For Aiur!!